De Lamar, ID

De Lamar

De Lamar was named after Captain Joseph De Lamar in 1888. Since the town site was located in a narrow creek bottom, the buildings were strung along both sides of the road and well up on the steep hillsides. The town was going stong in the 1890s: it had a red brick school, a newspaper, the Nugget, and the usual assortment of stores, liveries, and saloons. Many buildings have been moved away or burned down. We believe picture shows the old assay office but we couldn't find the large boardinghouse that should stand close to it.

delamar02 (Copyright © 2000 by Daniel Ter-Nedden) Buy pictures



De Lamar

Mainly through efforts to recover any lost quicksilver, the mill is a pile of rubble.

delamar03 (Copyright © 2000 by Daniel Ter-Nedden) Buy pictures



De Lamar

Large mining operations on a hill close to the town site and the usual no trespassing signs.

delamar01 (Copyright © 2000 by Daniel Ter-Nedden) Buy pictures



Ghost Town Map - Back to the Ghost Town index